Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Farm Share 8/11/09


Farm Share 8/11/09
Originally uploaded by erink
Someone asked about my farm share the other day, and I haven't posted anything about it for a while. This is what we got in our box from Kretschmann this week:
  • A bunch of beets
  • One onion (I cut off the top because it was in bad condition, but apparently there's stuff you can do with it if it's not)
  • Two green peppers
  • Four tomatoes (of moderate quality) - apparently there's a "late blight" causing farmers in the region to lose a bunch of tomatoes this year ... Bummer. So much for my insalata caprese dreams. I still have hope for my plants, though a friend four blocks away just lost his tomato patch.
  • Lettuce - this week we got two bunches of something like romaine.
  • Chard
  • One tiny watermelon
  • Green beans
  • A bunch of curly parsley
  • Carrots
  • Two cucumbers

No comments: