Friday, December 01, 2006

Wrath of God

stray leaves
stray leaves,
originally uploaded by erink.
Or possibly just a real aggressive weather front.

Today it's dropping from 70 degrees (yes it's December 1) to the 20s. It's a little windy.

I found out the downstairs PC wasn't connected to the UPS properly when the power went out. Hey, but the printer stayed on, that's important. Right.

There was an exciting moment when I tried to close the kitchen window. It was blowing pretty hard, and as soon as I slid the window down it blew in at the top, the whole bottom pane tilted toward me. Okay, so gotta keep that one latched.

The part that pissed me off, though, was the leaves. On Monday I did my "last" leaf cleanup of the season - around here you are actually supposed to sweep the leaves into the street. Then the street sweeper picks them up. So I went out Monday afternoon and cleaned off the last few leaves of the season. This afternoon I went out and the leaves from the neighbor's oak tree have freed themselves and they're all over my yard again. I swear, none of those were there the other day!

Ah well. Time to go find my trash cans before it gets dark.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

uh oh...this might be leaf karma. when I was growing up, we had a big long line of trees on our property line with the neighbors. due to prevailing winds when the leaves fell they promptly blew onto the neighbor's yard. the neighbors were, of course, total suburbanite lawn perfectionists so they had to take the lawn tractor leaf sucker out every day (sometimes twice a day) to clean up our leaves. what goes around...